Feb 12, 2019
Today's guest is Sarah Whitten, MA, MM is a voice and yoga
expert, focusing on whole body wellness and function. A 500-hour
Certified Yoga Instructor, Sarah Whitten offers a fusion of
traditional yoga and other movement modalities help singers resolve
physical issues voices and find their optimal sound. She offers
workshops and courses around the country and also online.
We talk about...
- The benefits of yoga and movement on your voice/singing.
- How to have good alignment and freedom in the voice at the same
- Why "assumed" posture isn't necessarily the best for your
- Learning to look beyond how you sound and begin to perceive
"how you feel."
- Some tips for releasing tension in the body and voice.
- Why sound isn't always a reliable method of feedback and why
focusing on "feeling" might be a better way for you to work.
Connect With Sarah
Youtube Channel: The Vocal Yogi
Sarah's Free Class:
Teaching the Thoracic Spine to Move
Follow me on Instagram @Starsingerco! Make sure to send me a
DM and say hi!