Mar 19, 2019
Dr. H. Steven Sims is a singer/musician who went to medical
school. He specializes in performing arts medicine as well as vocal
In this episode we talk about:
- What is "Performing Arts Medicine" and why, as a singer, you
- The most common vocal issues among singers and how you can
easily avoid them.
- The "real" symptoms of acid reflux that you probably would
- Why you may consider natural remedies or non western medicinal
techniques to support your vocal health.
- What is "normal wear and tear" and why you shouldn't feel
guilty about it.
- Why training with a professional NECESSARY component in order
to improve and have a successful singing career.
- Why singers and athletes have SO much in common.
- The top vocal warning signs that something is changing and it's
time to get a professional medical evaluation.
- 3 surprising things that could be causing your vocal
- How a vocal exam can make you feel more confident in your
singing and performing.
Find Dr. Sims
Need some help with your next performance or audition? Check out
my free class here: https://www.starsinger.co/register